Friday, June 28, 2013

Slow Day (or, Feast or Famine, Famine Edition)


I'm writing this from work because there's nothing. To. Do. I'm a proofreader at a printing company and they (we?) use this system called MyDC to log in and out, it's like an electronic timesheet, and because June is the slowest month of the year here I keep having to log in to "NO WORK" between jobs and I feel really guilty about it because my dad (co-) owns the company and I want to ~make him proud~ so it's actually not very enjoyable sitting here journaling about season 3 of Game of Thrones which it (he?) has paid me about $6 already today to do. I used to read Lord of the Rings fanfiction on this website called The Barrowdowns from our family computer

(which looked like this)


when I was like 12 and my parents didn't want me to, so whenever they'd walk past or enter the study I'd hastily close window with the like 20-chapter Elladan/Elrohir/OFC WIP I was reading, and it was the click of the mouse every time they entered the room that made them suspect I was reading it. I feel now like I used to then—whenever anybody I work with approaches my desk I have to exit the browser window where I... have the Barrowdowns homepage open so I can take a screenshot of it for my blog... oh my god.


No comments:

Post a Comment